The support service at Sue Lambert Trust was developed to support survivors whilst they are on the waiting list for counselling.
The support we provide can be face to face or over the telephone.
Face to face support can include:
– accompanying a client to an appointment or meeting
– meeting out in the community to support a client that finds themself isolated
– helping the client in a practical way e.g. supporting them in opening their post or supporting them in getting out the front door
Telephone support can include:
– a space for the client to talk (about anything) and be listened to in a non-judgmental way
– a regular weekly call for the client to check in with their support worker and talk about their week