The support service at Sue Lambert Trust was developed to support survivors whilst they are on the waiting list for counselling.
The support we provide can be face to face or over the telephone.
Face to face support can include:
– accompanying a client to an appointment or meeting
– assistance with completing forms
– meeting out in the community to support a client who finds themself isolated
– helping a client in a practical way e.g. help with housing, finances and forms
– helping a client manage emotionally e.g. helping to manage anxiety, regulate emotions, etc
Telephone support can include:
– a space for the client to talk (about anything) and be listened to in a non-judgmental way
– a regular weekly call for a client to check in with their support worker and talk about their week