We are currently accepting self-referrals from anyone resident in Norfolk at our centre in Norwich. Agencies are welcome to contact us to discuss any clients they may wish to signpost to us.
We are pleased to announce that we have received 3 years Big Lottery funding to expand our services in our new Great Yarmouth centre. We are currently recruiting new staff and volunteers and will be re-opening to new clients there as soon as we can.
If you are interested in any of our services, listed below, please contact us on 01603 622406 or email [email protected]
The Sue Lambert Trust works with survivors of childhood sexual abuse, rape, sexual assault and domestic violence, offering support to help survivors come to terms with what has happened to them. We offer a safe, secure environment where people are listened to, believed and accepted. We are trained to deal with the many issues surrounding sexual abuse and domestic violence. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Much of our counselling and support work is done in Norwich. We also have premises in Great Yarmouth. Please click here for details of support available in other parts of the country.
1. Counselling – We offer long term (up to 12 months) and short term (up to 12 weeks) face to face weekly sessions with a counsellor, working one to one to help with all issues related to sexual abuse and violence. We understand that trauma work can be a lengthy process, especially with our most complex clients. Thus, we are able to extend the length of time for counselling when this is in the best interest of the client. More info
Please be aware the average wait for counselling is 18 months.
2. Support – One to one support from our trained support workers including:
- help with managing anxiety, flashbacks, etc
- help to regain confidence
- help to access other services and community activities
- help with money, debt, benefits, housing if needed
3. Support groups – Informal support groups for women and for men. More info
What to expect when you call or email to request our services
When you first make phone or email contact we will take some basic details and, if you think our services may benefit you, we will add your name to the list for an initial assessment. We hope to call you back within 2 months to book your assessment. We will also advise you on times for our self-help groups, should you be interested in joining one of these. We can sign-post you to alternative services if appropriate.
Message for agencies
Please note that due to very high demand referrals can only be accepted from private individuals. If you are a professional who believes that the Sue Lambert Trust service can help your client please ask your client to contact us directly.
Note all our services are free to clients – although we welcome donations. If you feel that you will benefit from our services but are concerned that you will not be able to afford to get to us please speak to us to see whether we can help.
Diversity Survey – for all new clients to complete, please.
Sue Lambert Trust is a company limited by guarantee, registration number: 06217814
and a registered charity in the UK, number: 1120957